Finding out about UNSW: Future students
Before you apply for a place at UNSW, you may want to find out what you can study, what it’s like to be a student at UNSW, and the visa and fee requirements.
- Here’s a starting point for getting information about UNSW international.
- Use the Degree Finder to see what you might be interested in, and whether there are any additional entry requirements.
- Find out what it’s like to be a student at UNSW.
- You will need a student visa to study at UNSW.
- Find out about tuition fees for international fee-paying students and all fees for international students.
International Office for future UNSW students
The International Office hosts events around the world to help prospective international students decide on the best program to study at UNSW. The office has UNSW agents in many countries to help answer specific enquiries. The agents are independent entities authorised to consult with students on behalf of UNSW.
- Find out more about what the International Office can offer prospective international students.
- See upcoming events around the world to find out when UNSW will be holding an information session near you.
- Find a UNSW agent in your region who can answer your specific questions.
Applying to UNSW
If you have decided that you’d like to study at UNSW, you will have to apply for a place.
- International students can apply online to UNSW.
- Find out about scholarships for international students.
- You will have to pay a deposit to secure your place as an international student.
Arriving and living in Australia
UNSW has lots of support available to international students to help them settle into life in Sydney.
- The International Student Welcome Centre is the first port of call for international students.
- Get prepared by planning your arrival and find out about services when you arrive.
Support from Student Development International
Student Development International (SDI) is the first point of contact for international students at UNSW. SDI can help with all aspects of university life, student visas and academic performance.
- Find out about the support you can get from Student Development International, including how SDI can support your studies and provide international student advisors.
- Book into arrival workshops and campus tours to help you get to know the campus and meet other international students.
- Join a Cultural Mentor (Buddy) program to meet a senior student who can answer questions about learning at UNSW or living in Sydney, and give you insight into Australian cultures and customs.
- You can develop your English language and conversation skills through conversation programs, courses, and discussion groups.
- Find out about international students and families at UNSW.
- SDI manages financial aid and student loans for international students.