Third-party authorisation

Last updated

About third-party authorisation

If you need someone else to obtain information or documents on your behalf, you must authorise them first.

How to apply

  • Current students
    • Complete this online form.
    • Login to your account using your UNSW email (z******* and your zpass.
    • Confirm your personal and student details, and provide the details of your nominated third party.
  • Non-current students and graduates
    • Complete this online form.
    • Provide your personal and student details, as well as the details of your nominated third party. 
    • Submit your application with supporting documentation to verify your identity. Please read the instructions carefully and contact The Nucleus: Student Hub if you have any questions or concerns.


What Identity documents are required when submitting a Third-party Authorisation form?

When submitting a Third-party Authorisation form, you are required to upload a certified copy of one of the following forms of photo ID to prove your identity:

  • a valid passport
  • a current Australian driver's licence
  • a current UNSW Student ID Card – only applicable to students who graduated or were enrolled within the last 6 months.

Your request cannot be processed until:

  • certified documentary evidence bearing the signature of a Justice of the Peace is provided, or
  • you provide consent for UNSW to verify the validity of your documents using the DVS*. In this case, you are only required to submit a photocopy of your document.

* The Document Verification Service (DVS) is managed by the Commonwealth Attorney-General’s Department. The DVS confirms that the details on an identity document such as a passport or driver’s licence match the record held by the government authority that issued it. More information about the DVS is available at