About Student ID cards
All UNSW students get a Student Identification (ID) card. You need this card to identify yourself as a UNSW student, to access buildings, and for university transactions such as borrowing UNSW library books.
Getting a Student ID card for the first time
You can request your ID card 24 hours after you have enrolled in your courses.
- Find out how to get a Student ID card.
- You will need to bring identification with you. Check the list of accepted identity documents.
- If you are a distance student and can’t come to campus to get your ID card, you can email your application form.
- Only distance students are able to provide their own photo for their student ID cards. For information on photo guidelines, see the Note on ID Cards for Distance Students and UNSW Canberra Students.
- If you have a question about Student ID cards, this FAQ may have the answer.
Outside the Term 1 Getting Started period, 29 January – 22 February 2019, visit The Nucleus: Student Hub to obtain your Student ID card.
Replacing a Student ID card
You can request a new Student ID card at any time if you have changed your name, lost or damaged your card, or if it has expired. Find out about replacement Student ID cards.
- Visit The Nucleus: Student Hub to get your replacement ID card.