About special consideration
Special consideration is how the university helps you overcome a disadvantage that affected your performance in an assessment. This might be via an extension, additional assessment, or being able to sit an exam after the exam date.
Special consideration is only given where your performance was affected by something beyond your control, such as illness, injury or bereavement.
- Find all the information you need about special consideration, including how to apply and what supporting documentation you need.
- Apply for special consideration through myUNSW (My Student Profile > Online Services > Special Consideration) (log-on required) and attach your supporting documentation (such as a medical certificate).
- You can contact email@example.com for advice about the policies and procedures for special consideration.
Disability Services vs special consideration
Applying for special consideration and having educational adjustments in place are different.
- Find out about the difference between special consideration and educational adjustments.
- If you are registered with Disability Services and want to apply for special consideration for something related to your disability, fill in the Disability Services form for special consideration.
Supporting documentation in a language other than English
- If your supporting documentation for your special consideration application is in a language other than English, you will need to follow the UNSW guidelines for document certification and translation.