Residency check

Last updated

Why you need to complete a residency check

In your first term of study, you need to verify your citizenship/residency to ensure you enrol in the right type of fee place and confirm your eligibility for government assistance e.g. HECS-HELP.

You are considered a domestic student if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • a New Zealand citizen.

The documentation you need to provide

To prove your residency, you need to provide your:

  • Australian birth certificate, passport, or certificate of citizenship (Australian citizens)
  • Passport and Australian Visa letter or label (Australian permanent residents)
  • New Zealand passport (New Zealand citizens).


For further information or advice, contact The Nucleus: Student Hub.

The Nucleus: Student Hub, Level 2 (Entry Level) Main Library.  (First entry on the right as you enter the Library foyer)

Office hours

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 8.30am to 5.30pm

Wednesday 10am to 5.30pm

Friday 8.30am to 5pm