Standard letters

How to request standard letters from the university.

Types of standard letters

The list below shows the different standard letters you can request from the university.

  • Letter confirming your enrolment details.
  • Centrelink letter proving your full-time or part-time enrolment.
  • Jury Duty letter confirming your enrolment status.
  • Overseas Living Expenses letter confirming your enrolment and tuition fees, so you can transfer money from your home country.
  • Release letter for international students transferring to another institution.
  • Award and Enrolment Statement verifying your program completion and eligibility to graduate.
  • Enrolment Statement verifying your enrolment for each term.

Requesting a standard letter

You must be enrolled in the current term and have no outstanding debt to UNSW to request a standard letter. You must also have access to myUNSW.

  • Find out more about the process for requesting standard letters, including the timeframe for applications to be approved.
  • Standard letters are available through myUNSW (My Student Profile > Online Services > Statements)
  • Get information about the different forms and documents you may need in order to confirm your enrolment status at UNSW.
  • Find out which forms and documents you may need for graduation and after graduation, including your academic transcript, Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement and testamur.

Centrelink letters

All domestic students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate program can use the Centrelink Self-Service in myUNSW to generate Centrelink letters except those students:

  1. enrolled in more than one program, or
  2. who have transferred between programs at UNSW during the academic year.

To access the Centrelink Self-Service:

  • Login to myUNSW and navigate to My Student Profile > Online Services > Centrelink self-service.

If you fall into either of the exceptions above:

  • Login to myUNSW and navigate to My Student Profile tab > Online Services > Statements > Centrelink.


All letters requested are sent to the student’s email address.

UNSW Canberra and Graduate Research School students should continue to apply directly to their respective offices.

Requesting a letter of indemnity

You may need a letter of indemnity from UNSW as evidence of insurance coverage for work experience, placement or assignment.