About stream declaration
Many UNSW programs require you to choose ‘streams’ of study. A stream is a set of courses that you need to complete, often in a particular order. A stream can be a major, a minor, or a specialisation, depending on your program.
- Get an overview of stream declaration.
- You can talk to your Program Authority about your current program and available streams.
Choosing and declaring your stream
You should aim to declare your stream as early as possible in your program to avoid having to do extra study.
- Consult the UNSW Handbook to find out what streams are available in your program and which courses you need to take to complete them.
- Most students can view their current stream, declare their stream, or change their stream using the stream declaration service in myUNSW (sign-on required).
- Not all programs use the Stream Declaration service – if not, the online service through myUNSW will let you know if you need to contact your Program Authority directly.
- Changing your stream is different to changing your program – if you want to move to a different program, apply for a program transfer instead.