Scholarships are available for local and international students, including high school leavers, other future students and current UNSW students. They are available for undergraduate and postgraduate students, and for coursework and research.
- You can search scholarships and find more information about what’s available and how to apply.
- Get answers to FAQs about scholarships.
- Get answers to FAQs about admissions and scholarships for research students.
- You can get an idea of the likelihood that you’ll get a scholarship by using the higher degree research self-assessment tool.
Types of scholarships
Different scholarships are available for different types of students.
- UNSW Equity Scholarships support a wide range of students, including some high-school leavers, women, Indigenous students and students from rural communities through their coursework degree programs.
- The Endeavour Leadership Program is an Australian government program that provides opportunities for established and emerging leaders to undertake a global mobility experience, within their study, research, or professional field.
- The Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian government to contribute to the long-term development needs of Australia's partner countries.
- There is also a wide range of scholarships for international students.
How to apply
You can apply online for a scholarship for most future and current undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Some external or other scholarship programs may require a different application process, so make sure you check the information listed for the scholarship you’re interested in.
- Apply for scholarships online.
Graduate Research Information System (GRIS)
GRIS is the one-stop shop for Admissions and Variations to Candidature (VTC) processing of Graduate Research records and the management of Research Progress Reviews.
Other forms of financial support
If you need additional financial support on top of your scholarship, or if you don’t have a scholarship but need financial support, there are other ways you can get this.
- Find out about the different types of financial support and assistance available to UNSW students.