Graduation documents

This page will guide you to information and resources about what documents you might need for your graduation, and what documents you can get after you’ve graduated.

Documents you’ll get at graduation


You will receive your testamur (your official degree certificate) at your graduation ceremony. 

Getting graduation documents if you can’t attend the ceremony

You can graduation documents mailed to you if you can’t attend the ceremony.

Other documents related to graduation

Your Academic Transcript  

Your academic transcript is a certified record of your full enrolment history at UNSW, including all the courses you attempted, the results you received, and the awards you've had conferred. It cannot be altered or separated, e.g. between undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. 

  • For more information, see the Academic Transcript page. 
  • If you are a currently enrolled student, you can view your academic record and your results on myUNSW.  

Award and Enrolment Statement

An Award and Enrolment Statement (also called a Completion Letter) shows that you’ve completed your program and are eligible to graduate. It can only be issued once your graduation status is 'Awarded'. 

Your AHEGS - Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS) 

The  AHEGS is a document which includes a description of the nature, level, context, and status of the studies you have completed.  

Proving you’ve completed your degree before graduation

If you need to prove you’ve completed your degree after you get your results but before you get your testamur, you can use an Award and Enrolment Statement or an academic transcript.

Proving your grades

If you completed your studies in Semester 1, 2018 or later, you can access your academic record online. You can also give someone else permission to see your record.

  • Your online academic record is available through My eQuals