Exam times and locations
UNSW Sydney holds exams at the end of each of the three terms.
- Your personalised exam timetable is available on myUNSW.
- To find out when timetables will be released, you can look up key dates for exams by faculty, date and keyword.
- You can get details about exam locations and how to get there as well as bus services during exams.
UNSW Canberra students should see UNSW Canberra Key Dates.
Resolving issues about exam times
- To find out what to do if you have a timetable clash, see 'Alternative arrangements' on the exam timetable page.
Alternative exam arrangements
- You can make alternative exam arrangements for religious reasons.
- Students with disabilities may, in certain circumstances, be eligible for exam adjustments.
- School or faculty-based (internal) assessments must be arranged with the relevant academic staff member or school/faculty administrative officer in conjunction with Equitable Learning Services.
- Formal end-of-term examinations must be arranged with Equitable Learning Services who will liaise with the Examinations Team within Student Administration.
- Students with a temporary disability that puts them at a disadvantage in written examinations should see an Equitable Learning Advisor in Equitable Learning Services immediately after their disability is known. You will need to provide supporting medical documentation.
There are serious penalties for breaking the rules about exams. You are expected to know the relevant rules and policies before sitting a formal exam.
- Read UNSW’s exam rules.
- Read the current version of UNSW’s assessment policy.
- Find out what you can take into exams. This information is also on your exam timetable.
- There are rules for exam approved calculators and computers.
Exams for non-UNSW students
UNSW conducts exams for students on behalf of other institutions.
- Find out more about exams for students from other institutions.
- If you have questions, you can contact the Examinations Team.