Academic progression and progression checks

This page will guide you to information and resources about checking how much of your program you’ve completed and what you still have to do.

About academic progression

Academic progression is UNSW’s term for the progress you’ve made towards completing your program. The university monitors this so you and your Program Authority can be alerted to any issues with your progress. 

Request a progression check

To formally check your academic progress you can request a progression check from your faculty. This normally takes five working days. 

  • Log in and fill in the Request a Program Progression Check form which is available on the student web forms page. 
  • Contact your Program Authority if you have specific questions. 

Progression checks by faculty

Different faculties have different processes for progression check requests.