Arriving and living in Australia
UNSW has lots of support available to international students to help them settle into life in Sydney.
- The International Student Welcome Centre is the first port of call for international students.
- Get prepared by planning your arrival and find out about services when you arrive.
Support from the International Student Experience Unit
The International Student Experience Unit (ISEU) is the first point of contact for international students at UNSW. ISEU can help with all aspects of university life, student visas, and academic performance.
- Find out about the support you can get from the International Student Experience Unit including how ISEU can support your studies.
- Book into arrival workshops and campus tours to help you get to know the campus and meet other international students.
- Join a Cultural Mentor (Buddy) program to meet a senior student who can answer questions about learning at UNSW or living in Sydney, and provide an insight into Australian cultures and customs.
- You can develop your English language and conversation skills through conversation programs, courses, and discussion groups.