Students can study at UNSW for up to one year and receive credit at their home university. This is a full-fee arrangement where students pay fees to UNSW. Study Abroad at UNSW is a separate stream from the Exchange program and does not require students to come from a partner institution.
- The Study Abroad and Exchange Guide.
- The Financial Aid Office manages financial aid and student loan programs for international students from Canada. Denmark, India, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the USA.
- English language courses - The UNSW Institute of Languages offers courses and programs designed to help you reach the English language entry requirements at UNSW. Different options are available depending on your current English language level.
Short-term research is available for students from both partner and non-partner institutions to undertake short term research visits at UNSW. Tuition fees are payable directly to UNSW.
Student Exchange is a reciprocal arrangement that allows students to study at a partner university for up to one year and receive credit at their home university. Students continue to pay tuition fees to their home university.
UNSW students wishing to study overseas can visit Student Exchange to find out more.
- Search our list of Exchange Partners to discover where you can go.
- Explore scholarship opportunities for students on the Exchange Program.
- Before you apply for Student Exchange, you must complete the online Exchange tutorial in Moodle.
- Find out what you need to do to prepare for departure.
- Before you leave, ensure you know about support while overseas on Exchange.
- When you return, complete the Welcome Back Student Exchange tutorial on Moodle.
UNSW students may wish to consider an international short program to get a taste of living and studying overseas. Students should refer to preparing for departure before heading overseas. Find out more about:
- short courses and study tours
- overseas research
- internships and volunteering
- global education notices and information events for Study Abroad and Student Exchange.