Bringing your family to Australia
If you’re moving to Australia with your family, there is plenty of information to help you settle in.
- Find useful information about finances, accommodation, and schooling for International Students with Families so you know what to expect once you’re here.
- If you are looking for UNSW accommodation that can house families, you may want to consider the Barker Street Apartments.
- Get prepared by planning your arrival.
- The downloadable Bringing Family guide contains detailed practical information about topics such as finding somewhere to live, childcare and schools, and employment.
- There are special rules for students on Australia Award Scholarships (AAS) who want to bring their family. See the Australia Awards FAQs.
Social events for international students and their families
UNSW holds many social activities for international students and their families such as orientations, workshops and language exchange programs.
- Find out about the many ways UNSW provides social support for families of international students, as well as some practical tips.