How to enrol
Enrolling is a two-step process through myUNSW. You need to enrol in courses and then register for class times. If you received a personalised offer page, refer to this page for a guide to the acceptance and enrolment process.
You should enrol for a full year to ensure you get the classes you want although you can enrol for a term at a time.
- For new undergraduate and postgraduate students, UNSW Getting Started has a step-by-step guide to the acceptance and enrolment process.
- Existing undergraduate and postgraduate UNSW students can find information about annual enrolment for continuing students.
- If you are a continuing undergraduate or postgraduate student, you can find your enrolment appointment in myUNSW > Student Profile > Enrolment appointment. It shows the times and dates from when you can enrol in courses and register for classes.
- Find information about how to enrol for summer term.
- Find answers to student annual enrolment FAQs.
- Find key dates.
Before you enrol: Choose your courses, check course availability and check prerequisites
You will need to check which courses you can enrol in for your program and then check course availability in each term. Many courses have prerequisites.
- Refer to the UNSW Handbook or course outlines to check the courses you can enrol in for your program. Specific faculty information can also be found on the faculty websites.
- Generally, you can’t enrol in a course if you don’t meet the pre- or co- requisite/s. However, you may be able to enrol if the pre- or co-requisite is waived. Check with your Program Authority before applying for a Requisite Waiver Enrolment Request.
- Your Program Authority is the contact for specific enquiries about your program.
- Find out what makes up a full-time study load.
Step 1: Enrol in courses
First, you need to enrol in the courses you want to take. It is best to enrol in all your courses for the year (including the Summer term if you’re intending to study then).
Step 2: Register for class times
After you have enrolled in your courses, you will need to register for class times for each of your courses. Class registrations open at least eight weeks before the start of each term.
- Find detailed instructions for class registration, including a video guide.