Credit transfer

Information and resources to help you learn about transferring credit from previous study at other institutions or at UNSW to your current UNSW degree program.

About credit transfer

Getting credits from study at another institution or another UNSW program recognised and counted towards your current UNSW degree program is known as credit transfer. It can also be called advanced standing or recognition for prior learning (RPL).  

Apply for credit transfer early in your program so you don’t take courses you don’t need to.

Credit transfer for international students

If you’re an international student, credit transfers can affect your visa as they can change the length of your program. 

Note: You must maintain a full-time study load even if you’ve been given course credit.

Applying for credit transfer

There are different application forms for different types of students.

Your program authority must sign your application.