Confirmation of enrolment

This page will guide you to information and resources about getting a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) if you’re an international student who needs one to meet your visa requirements.

About Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)

A Confirmation of Enrolment is an official document issued to international students by the University. It contains specific details relating to your program and tells the Department of Home Affairs of your current enrolment status. You need your CoE to apply for a student visa

Future students 

New students who have accepted their offer and paid their deposit receive an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) issued by UNSW Admissions.

Current and returning students 

International Student Compliance issues new CoEs to current and returning students. 

You will require a new CoE if you are:

  • an international student studying on a student visa (subclass 500)
  • returning to studies from Program Leave/Absence or Suspension
  • transferring to another program within UNSW (e.g. Bachelor of Arts -> Bachelor of Commerce)
  • unable to complete your program within the duration specified on your current CoE.

For more detailed information, visit New Confirmation of Enrolment Request for International Students