About confirmation of enrolment (CoE)
International students enrolled at UNSW with a student visa (subclass 500) need a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE). You may also need a new CoE if you make changes to your program.
- Read about CoE requirements for coursework or research students and apply through the same link.
Getting a student visa
International students also need a visa from the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs for the full length of their program at UNSW.
Genuine Temporary Entry (GTE) requirement
- To obtain a Confirmation of Enrolment, international students need to prove that they genuinely intend to stay in Australia temporarily for study purposes.
- If you are required to complete a GTE interview as part of your application process, only an authorised UNSW agent or a UNSW Regional Manager can complete the GTE process and submit it to UNSW admissions via Apply Online.
- To find a UNSW Regional Manager, scroll down to the heading Regional Managers on the Information for agents page and select the country where you are located.
- Find out more about the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.