Getting your results
Your results will be released after the exam period has finished for the semester/term.
- Access your results on myUNSW. They will also be emailed to your UNSW email account.
- You can find out when results are released in the Key dates for release of results section of your results.
- If you’ve finished your program and want to see or get a copy of your transcript, or you want to know when you will get your testamur or Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS), see graduation documents.
Understanding your results
Grades and marks vary across institutions. UNSW has resources to help you understand your results.
- Find useful information about what your results mean in the Guide to UNSW grades. You can also learn about grade definitions.
- Your Weighted Average Mark (WAM) is the average mark you received across all completed units in your program. Your mark for a course is ‘weighted’ in the WAM calculation according to its number of units of credit. For each undergraduate and postgraduate student, UNSW calculates a WAM for a semester or term, and a separate cumulative WAM for results throughout your program. The WAM is used to show how well you performed/are performing relative to program requirements.
- Your academic standing is different to your results. It shows your current progress towards finishing your program.
You may not be able to access your results if they have been withheld.
- If you are getting a ‘withheld’ result (WC, WD, or WJ), this means your result is pending or withheld. Go to the What are Withheld results? WC, WD, WJ section of your results for more information.
- If you haven’t received your exam or course results, it could mean you have an outstanding debt to UNSW that must be paid. Go to the What happens if I have an outstanding debt? section of your results for more information.
If you believe the mark you’ve received for an assessment task doesn’t reflect your performance, you can apply for a re-assessment.
- Your results has information about how to apply for a review of results.
- Arc also has helpful information about applying for a review of results.
Fast Service and Standard Service Transcripts
Current and past students can request transcripts via the fast service or the standard service.
What is the difference?
- Same-day request, with mandatory pick-up in person at The Nucleus: Student Hub.
- Cost: AUD $38.00 for 2 copies (no additional copies)
- You pay online if you have myUNSW access; if not, you pay in person at The Nucleus: Student Hub.
- Some students are not eligible.
- Issued as your academic record stands on the date of your request – it’s up to you to check.
- Takes up to 5 days to process but can be posted to you at an Australian domestic or an overseas address (cannot be emailed). Please allow additional time during major assessment periods, OR if you were enrolled in or before 1968 and you have not recently requested a transcript.
- Cost: AUD $38.00 for first 2 copies, and AUD $15.00 for each additional copy.
- You pay online.
- All students, current and past, are eligible.