About academic progression
Academic progression is UNSW’s term for the progress you’ve made towards completing your program. The university monitors this so you and your Program Authority can be alerted to any issues with your progress.
- The Guide to academic progression gives you general information about this topic.
- You can check your program requirements yourself in the UNSW Handbook for the year you started your program, in Your Study Planner, and on some faculty websites.
- A list of contacts for academic progression will help you find the right person to talk to.
- If you are struggling to complete your program, you can get your study back on track through a formal support program or other support services.
- Find information about maximum repeat fails and maximum time to complete program.
Request a progression check
To formally check your academic progress, you can request a progression check from your faculty. (Different faculties have different processes for progression check requests.) Progression checks normally take five working days.