About Art & Design
UNSW Art & Design has an outstanding record for producing critically acclaimed artists, designers and media creators.
The Art & Design Student Centre co-ordinates student administration activities and provides information and advice to current students.
- Future students can explore undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and postgraduate research degrees or use the Degree Finder to discover more degree options at UNSW. You can also book a free, personalised tour of the Art & Design Paddington campus.
Current students can access:
- course lists for the current year
- workshops and studios
- production facilities
- Makerspace – the UNSW network of connected makerspaces, workshops and databases. (To access the UNSW Makerspace Network, users need to earn access badges such as the Makerspace Safety Badge.)
- Interactive Media Lab – an open-access facility where students and staff share skills, discuss ideas and experiment with creative coding methods and interactive technologies.
- Blackbox - a highly flexible production and presentation space that can be used to create a live and multimedia performances, film and video, still image capture, motion capture, exhibitions, screenings, and installations.
- computer labs
- learning commons - comfortable spaces designed for both individual and collaborative study and learning.
- the Art & Design library
- student galleries
- postgraduate facilities
- technical support units - highly skilled teams that manage services, specialist equipment, technology and facilities across the campus.
UNSW Art & Design houses the following centres, labs and programs:
- National Institute for Experimental Art (NIEA) including the Holography Lab
- iCinema Centre for Interactive Cinema Research
- Creative Robotics Lab
- Laboratory for Innovation in Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums (iGlam)
- 3D Visualisation Aesthetics Lab
- Contemporary Culture, Art and Politics
- Environmental Research Initiative for Art (ERIA)
- Design and Art Australia Online (DAAO).
Find library subject guides for Art & Design: