Getting financial help
There are many ways to get help with paying your fees or expenses as a student.
- Find general information about financial assistance for fees and living expenses.
- If you have questions about fees or need further support, you can contact the Student Financials Team.
- There are different types of government support to help eligible students with the costs of studying at UNSW, such as HECS-HELP and FEES-HELP.
- You may be eligible for a Centrelink payment to help with living expenses while you are studying e.g. Austudy, Abstudy, Youth Allowance, Pensioner Education Supplement, or Student Start-up Loan.
- If you’re living with a disability, you may be eligible for the NDIS. An NDIS plan may fund reasonable and necessary support for you to participate in everyday activities, including learning at university.
- Some students are eligible for scholarships based on equity or merit.
- Find information about student loans for UNSW students.
- If exceptional circumstances mean you’re having difficulty paying your tuition fees, you can apply for a payment plan and pay your fees in instalments.
- If you’re a member of the Australian Defence Force, and you want to study a postgraduate program at UNSW ADFA, you may be eligible for funding from the Department of Defence.
- Useful resources can be found on the MoneySmart website.