What disability services are available?
If you have a physical disability, medical condition, learning disability, are dealing with personal circumstances that affect your study, or you are a student who is the carer of a person with a disability, you can get support from UNSW’s Disability Support Services. There are lots of resources and services to support you during your time at university. All services are confidential and free to students enrolled at UNSW.
- Get an overview of Disability Support Services and find out what disabilities you can receive academic support for. Disability Support Advisors can recommend educational adjustments to support equitable participation.
- Read about the different types of disability support services available at UNSW. This includes how to access services to help with classwork, study skills and note taking, how to apply for educational adjustments, how to contact a disability adviser, and what forms you need to fill out for certain services.
- Find out what classwork support you can access.
- See what mental health support you can access.
- Get an overview of what’s available for summer term disability support.
Accessing disability support services
You must register with Disability Services to receive disability support at UNSW. You will need to provide original documentation confirming your disability, carer responsibilities or personal situation.