About student loans
UNSW supports students experiencing financial hardship through the student loans system. Emergency assistance loans and long-term loans are available, and all loans are repayable and interest free. Both domestic and international students are eligible to apply. Students must satisfy specific application and approval criteria, and sign a legally binding contract that outlines the repayment arrangement.
- Find information about student loans for UNSW students.
- See the student loans procedure for a formal outline of criteria and the applications process and conditions.
Applying for a loan
You can apply for a loan online. For loans of more than $200 you must provide documentary evidence in support of any claim you make on the application form.
- To apply for a loan, you need to complete the online loan application form.
- Once your form has been submitted to the Educational Support Service, you will need to arrange to meet with an Educational Support Advisor: Email email@example.com or phone 02 9385 4734.
If you can’t meet your repayment schedule, you must immediately advise UNSW and renegotiate your loan contract.
- Students assessed by the Educational Support Service are to email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students assessed by the Graduate Research School are to email: email@example.com.
- Students assessed by UNSW Canberra are to email: SAS@adfa.edu.au.
Other forms of financial support
If you need additional financial support as well as a loan, or if you didn’t receive a loan but need financial support, there are other ways you can get this.
- Find out about the different types of financial support available to UNSW students.