Standard letters

Last updated

Types of standard letters

The list below shows the different standard letters you can request from the university.

  • Letter confirming your enrolment details.
  • Centrelink letter proving your full-time or part-time enrolment.
  • Jury Duty letter confirming your enrolment status.
  • Overseas Living Expenses letter confirming your enrolment and tuition fees, so you can transfer money from your home country.
  • Release letter for international students transferring to another institution.
  • Award and Enrolment Statement verifying your program completion and eligibility to graduate.
  • Enrolment Statement verifying your enrolment for each semester/term.
  • Letter of indemnity as evidence of insurance coverage for work experience, placement or assignment.

Requesting a standard letter

You must be enrolled in the current term and have no outstanding debt to UNSW to request a standard letter. You must also have access to myUNSW.

  • Find out more about the process for requesting standard letters, including the timeframe for applications to be approved.
  • Apply for a standard letter through the online statement service.
  • Standard letters are also available through myUNSW (My Student Profile > My Student Services > Online Services > Statements)
  • Get information about the different forms and documents you may need in order to confirm your enrolment status at UNSW.
  • Find out which forms and documents you may need for graduation and after graduation, including your academic transcript, Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement and testamur.

Requesting a letter of indemnity

You may need a letter of indemnity from UNSW as evidence of insurance coverage for work experience, placement or assignment.

  • Find out whether you need a letter of indemnity and download a PDF template to complete, print and have signed by your academic advisor, head of school or subject coordinator.